Thank you for expressing an interest in writing for the Women Writing the West® Blog.
|What kind of content does WWW accept?|
|– We welcome any content, written by real writers who show an understanding and expertise in a chosen topic.|
– Submissions must be useful for building stronger writing platforms, practical or technical, that readers can use immediately or tag for future.
– Previously published work relating a specific topic from the suggested list, is acceptable.
– WWW cannot work with agency writers and cannot accept submissions that include political or religious views.
|Topics for submission may include, but are not limited to.|
|– Trending writing topics|
– Tips to write better
– Reference books used to enhance writing practices
– Writing for magazines and periodicals
– Writing for Pleasure
– Research and Reference topics
– Writing as a business
– How-to topics
– Articles referencing links to podcasts, blogs, and webpages with attention to the art of writing
– Submit a suggestion for a topic
|Check the accepted current list of topics.|
Contact the WWW Blog Coordinator if unsure your topic fits criteria.
Recommended length: 500 – 1000 words.
– Must be useful to the readers of this blog.
– Must be grammatically correct, well written, and ready for print.
– Formats for written submissions: Word, Docx, and Pages.
– Formats for image submissions: JPEG or PNG.
|Author Bio Guidelines.|
|Recommended length: 2-3 sentences (50-75 words).|
Links: 2-3 (website, social media).
Clear close-up headshot. 100 x 100 pixels – JPEG or PNG format.
|Common Sense Guidelines|
|– Use of short paragraphs, subheadings and bullet lists helps to break up an article.|
– Some editing (minimal) may be required to fit WWW Blog format.
– WWW retains the right to decline post submissions.
– WWW may take up to two weeks to respond to submissions.
– By submitting to Women Writing the West Blog you agree to allow your submission, in its entirety or in part, to be shared on WWW public social media platforms.
– Attribute sources for quotes, photographs, paraphrased material, and links.
– Pictures and written submissions MUST be submitted as individual file attachments.
|Submission Guidelines Check List|
|Email submission through WWW Blog Coordinator |
Subject line to include: WWW Blog
Include each element (written article, photographs, links) as individual attachment.
|Links Related to Blog Submissions|
|Submit to WWW Blog Coordinator ~ List of Accepted Topics |
Print Guidelines: Use the Print Icon in the Share This section below
|WWW Blog Submission Guidelines||Women Writing the West reserves the right to make changes to the blog submission guidelines at any time.||Updated January 2022|